Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gotta Suck It Up.

Blah, I've been trying to avoid this. Posting something like this. But, I can't hold back anymore. I need to just let it out. So...bear with me here.

I miss aimlessly driving between states over the summer. I miss waking up to you watching me sleep. I miss lunch dates at work. I miss 3 hour phone/skype calls where we talk about (literally) anything and everything. I miss random text messages you'd send just to make me smile. I miss cooking food for us. I miss fishing for hours on end. I miss going to church with you. I miss watching you give my Mom flowers. I miss our late night walks to "our spot". I miss outings/dates where you say "I like watching people watch you. It makes me feel like the luckiest". I miss watching you talk to my kids at the Y, and how my girls would tell me "Disney, he is really cute!". I miss our scripture study time on the phone every night. I miss you and my Dad talking about sports and watching Family Guy together (As much as I don't like that show, it was funny watching you two). I miss you randomly stopping on the side of the interstate to pick me daisies. I miss playing with the henna tattoo ink, and swimming together. I miss our dances by the lake under the moonlight. I miss playing with the horses. I miss the "roses are red, violets are blue" poems. I miss scripture study in your room. I miss the safe feeling. I miss helping you with your chores. I miss those eyes. I miss the road trips, fried pickles, and Chick Fil-A. I miss our burping contests. I miss watching you and my brothers goof off and laugh at each other. I miss the "who-can-eat-a-thick-burger-the-fastest" contests. I miss getting off work and going home to you waiting for me. I miss sitting on the big M on the middle of the football field and watching the stars. I miss our spiritual discussions that could last forever. I miss walking around downtown and taking pictures. I miss our pointless arguments. I miss midnight/1AM fishing. I miss 11:11 moments. I miss spending time at your house with your family. I miss the fact I could cry to you about anything and you always knew how to make me feel better. I miss my best friend.

Needless to say,
I miss you.


But you are where you need to be, as am I.
So...as my Mom says...I'm gonna have to suck it up & do what I have to do!
Blah!
:)

Whew, I feel better.






No comments:

Post a Comment