Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Changing Life.

I have made many goals for myself. But most of them are for the future, a long ways away...well, with time going by THIS fast, it's probably not too far, but far enough to where I don't really need to go crazy about it yet.
I have goals for my future family & how I want to get there (okay, maybe I am already working on those goals right now--what we do now affects the future, right?...). I have so many things I am going to do with my future. Things that I want to do. I have recently found myself observing many different families and how they do things together or how they interact with each other. There are so many things that I like, and things I would do differently. I want to be a good mother and wife in the future, and I want to work towards that. I am going to start doing things that could help with it.

One thing though, that has been on my mind a lot, is this: I want to go to the temple as often as possible. This is a goal I have for myself right now (even though I can't exactly go IN, just being on the temple grounds makes me feel so peaceful & my stresses cease while I'm there), and for when I have my own family. I 'm sure that's a stretch with kids and married/family life being busy...but I'm determined for my future husband and I to go as often as we can. I have such a testimony of the blessings of the temple and how it can help problems in life. While I don't fully know everything about the temple yet (I haven't gotten my endowments or anything, obviously...), I just know without a doubt that it can answer so many questions and can help make life more bearable.

That is only ONE of my many many goals I have for my future. But I feel like I need more goals for myself RIGHT now, as in, in the present time, to get me to my goals in the future. I know that nothing is going to just COME to me, so I need to start crackin' on this stuff! So here are some goals that I have for myself...especially with summer coming up!

1. Read my scriptures for at least 15-30 minutes a day. (& study with my Preach My Gospel book & other manuals)
2. Try at least 2 new recipes a week. (I want to learn how to make things other than grilled cheese sandwiches and Ramen....typical college kid.)
3. Do many crafty things/learn how to sew. (Any ideas on what I should do?)
4. Be better with SVU's Honor Code.
5. Take more institute classes at school.
6. Be a friend that a friend would like to have.
7. Find a new talent.
8. Go to the temple every chance I get!!
9. Be a leader servant.

I just know that all these things I'm going to do is going to help me become the person I want to be! :) And while I'm not completely sure what that is yet, I know that if I do the spiritual things as often as possible, while learning and growing, I won't be disappointed. :)

BRING IT ON!





2 comments:

  1. Oh Yiselle, I love you! Ricky and I go to the temple every other month, and that's with the temple 3 1/2 hours away and with both of us having grad school/jobs, and we plan on doing the same thing once we have children. Once you make it important enough, it's not hard to schedule time to go. It's when you start telling yourself that it can wait, or that you're too busy, that it gets hard.

    And as for crafts, I can't get enough of these:
    http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabric-rosette-tutorial-extravaganza.html

    I make them all the time! They're so easy and you barely have to sew anything, which I'm all for. For learning to sew, though, I vote for pillow covers--combine them with a cheap pillow form and you have some seriously cute gift/decorating potential:

    http://www.makeandtakes.com/embroidered-fall-leaf-pillow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, thank you Katie! That is so awesome that you and Ricky go when you can! I really really want to do that too. It's very important to me! And I'll def look at those crafts! So cute!
    I hope you're doing well! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete