Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some people...

Someone just told me they didn't want anything to do with me anymore because I've shown "very little growth" as of late. Haha.... Let me see...

-My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer, survived, and is now going through liver and lung cancer. I've learned love and patience through this. I've learned how families need to stick together during these times. Especially since we don't know when the last time we can be a big family will be. Especially now.
-I've gained and lost friends right and left and have had to realize how I need to be my number one priority before I try to let someone else be a priority.
-I've learned how to truly forgive someone, even someone very much closer to me than this person ever was.
-I've been tested and tried and the Lord has really been there for me. And I'm learning now to rely on Him and be willing to do what He says. So far, so good. My spirituality isn't in its prime, but I'm certainly trying to get back to where I was last year. And that was perfection. I'm so close.
-Oh, and I fell in love, enough to be married, and was left by myself a month before my wedding. WHICH, by the way, I'm still trying to deal with.

You say I like drama? Well, have you ever thought that maybe some of us aren't as well off as others?! Sorry I'm not having the happiest life like you are. My bad.

So let me tell you something,
You haven't even cared to talk to me, ask how I'm doing, or even just see what's going on in my life. So how do you know what I've been going through or trying to overcome. How dare you say I have not grown at all. I am definitely not the person that I was when we were super close, but I damn well am more of a woman than I was then.
So you can sit there and tell me I haven't grown at all. That's fine. It seems you haven't either, if that's the case. Try forgiveness and open-mindedness. Maybe not judging others? I dunno. It could do you some good.

And this is fine with me, because now I don't have to worry about what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment